San Francisco Dreaming


It's been a long time between blog posts, but that's not to say it's been a long time between creating!

The past two weeks saw me jetting across the Atlantic and the North American continent to attend the annual Udemy Live conference in San Francisco. In addition to crafting, I'm also an online instructor, so this event is the highlight of the year.

ExploringFW_JSeidel
Exploring Fisherman's Wharf © Jacqueline Seidel

And it was sensational - old friends, new friends, and a whole lot of learning. And on top of that, from my side at least, a whole lot of walking.  My wee feet tramped up and down streets, from the Embarcadero onto the Golden Gate Bridge, from Balboa Park BART to Haight Street and beyond. Now considering my normally very sedentary lifestyle, those were huge accomplishments!

When I wasn't traipsing up hill and down dale, though, I was sitting in my favourite wee bar near Fisherman's Wharf with a wee Anchor beer, crocheting to the sound of clanging trams, excited tourists, and buskers.

Bliss.

FW Crochet JSeidel
Fisherman's Wharf Crochet © Jacqueline Seidel

My new favourite stitch is the HDC into the back loop, a meditative stitch which produces a knit effect (for someone like me who can't knit, that's pretty cool).  In fact, I'm producing a range of loops and ear warmers using this stitch and some super soft and cuddly premium acrylic (Stylecraft Special DK). Watch this space for photos of my whimsical designs, and perhaps some more reflections on the conference.

Comments

Popular Posts