Fizzy Friday



There's nothing quite so enticing as the smell of essential oils wafting through the air on a hot and humid afternoon, with sun streaming in through the window and the wind wafting by, teasing curtains and papers lying haphazardly on the table.

That's what it was like yesterday, as I popped some Peter Gabriel on the iPad and started measuring and mixing the ingredients for some bath bombs.  The meditative swishing sound of bicarb and citric acid cascading from between my fingers, the intensifying pink of the mica, the scritching sound as the damp mix squished into the heart-shaped moulds...

Delightful mini Lavender Bath Bombs


Bath bombs are a fascination for me, ever since I first spotted them at a Lush store about a hundred years ago... or, at least, last century.  Gosh I love Lush - the intoxicating cacophony of aromas coming from soaps, creams, every corner of the store... Yum. It never occurred to me, however, that I'd be making the fizzy delights one day.

And not just these little fellas, but also smooth and skin-loving bath truffles. Mmmm.  What's the difference?  Well, whereas a bath bomb is primarily bicarbonate of soda and citric acid, with a touch or essential oils and a wee spray of water to add mixing power, a bath truffle adds shea butter and cocoa butter to the mix.  And can I just affirm that there is no oil more delicious to melt than cocoa butter.  For these truffles, I added a healthy dash of rosemary oil coupled with eucalyptus oil, thinking that after a long day when our body is jammed up and we're feeling on the edge of a cold, there's nothing better than a hot bath with a dash of eucy.  And maybe a wee glass of wine.

Rosemary and Eucalyptus Bath Truffles


So I'm at the stage now where it's time to put together wee sample kits and post them out to interested companies. And it's nerve-wracking - I look again and again and again at what I've made. Am I ready? Is everything labelled correctly?  Have I forgotten anything?  What if they don't liiiiike meeee?  (And suddenly we're back in high school!)

We'll see what comes of it all.  As soon as the cards arrive, I'll be doing the post out.  Something exciting to look forward to!

So, time to skedaddle and get the rest of the day moving.  Hope your weekend is grand, and check back in here on Monday for your (week)daily dose of Made in Rentzschmühle!

Cheers, Jacqui.


Comments

Popular Posts